All goods are sold and supplied strictly to Berkshire Heating Oil "Conditions of Sale".
In normal use, fuel oil is safe but the following safety precautions must be observed:
- As the product is FLAMMABLE, store only in a properly-constructed and maintained tank. In the event of a fire a CO2, foam or dry powder extinguisher should be used. WATER MUST NOT BE USED as it may spread the fire.
- Avoid handling the product. If it comes into contact with the eyes or is taken internally SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ASSISTANCE.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All Goods and Services will be charged at the prices current at the point of delivery, excluding VAT.
- A delivery charge may be imposed at the Seller's Discretion.
- The Buyer shall pay for the Goods and Services in full prior to delivery.
- The Buyer will be responsible for providing safe and suitable storage and will indemnify the Seller against any damages, expenses or costs which may arise from the Buyer's failure to do so.
- For the purpose of this sale, the quantity shown by the metered delivery invoice or other measuring device employed by the Seller shall be accepted by the Buyer as the quantity delivered.
- If at any time the Buyer, or any representative of the Buyer, for whatever reason mounts any tanker wagon used by the Seller or his representatives in the purpose of delivery, he shall do so at his own risk and the seller accepts no responsibility whatsoever therefore.
- Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer and the point of delivery. Title for the Goods shall pass as soon as the Goods have been paid for in full.
- Where accounts have not been settled, the Seller reserves the right to enter the Buyer's property to retrieve such goods which the Buyer will make available to the seller.
- The Seller should not be under any liability to the Buyer in respect of any failure to perform or delay in performing any of its contractual obligations to the Buyer attributable to any cause of whatsoever nature beyond the Seller's reasonable control and no such failure or delay should be deemed for any purpose to constitute a breach of contract.
- The Buyer shall inspect the Goods as soon as practicable after delivery and must notify the seller within 3 days of delivery of any claim for shortages, damages or loss in transit, failing which the Goods shall be conclusively presumed to have been received and accepted by the Buyer.
- Accepting delivery of the Goods or Services shall be considered as acceptance of Berkshire Heating Oil Conditions of Sale.
- The Seller reserves the right to charge part load and waiting time charges at their own discretion where deemed appropriate.